Sunday, December 1, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I have always wondered what is the purposed of Thanksgiving, it is a time to give thanks for what you have and the people that are around you. This Thanksgiving I gave thanks for my parents and my family still being around with me, although it was a bitter sweet moment because not all my family could be home with me. This year will be a bitter sweet remaining of the year Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years will not be the same. The reason is because my brother is deployed he wont spend the end of the year with us and he wont spend the beginning of the year with us either. It is very sad he can't be home with us, but I know he is out there fighting for this country, which i will thank him for the rest of my life. Not only him, but every man and woman that is deployed for the holidays, they are defending this country for us and that is why we should be thankful to them for that. There are many different ways to celebrate the holidays and to some people it might seem wrong, but don't judge what are other people's traditions or ways of celebrating. My family is weird in away we love to cook together, then go to my aunts and uncles house and cook some more then we sit together and eat and catch up on things. Which is pretty typical, but what some people may judge or not like is that in the night we all go shopping for christmas gifts its not cause of the sales, well that helps but that is also a way we communicate with each other and spend time with each other is what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment